Our Chair announces the following new topics for master theses. These topics explicitly focus on the research projects of the Chair of Strategic and International Management.
If you are interested in writing your Master's thesis at the Chair of Strategic and International Management on one of these topics please send an email to the contact mentioned in the description of the respective topic. Your email should contain a CV, a current transcript of records as well as a short motivation letter (max. 500 words) explaining your interest for writing your thesis about a specific topic.
Please note: We are looking forward to supervise Master’s theses in cooperation with companies if they fit with the announced topics (on top of this page). We do not supervise Master’s theses in cooperation with companies which are not related to the announced ones.
The prerequisite for writing your Master's thesis at the Chair of Strategic and International Management is the successful attendance (with a grade of 2,3 or better) of
- our module "Strategies in MNEs" (WI001128)
- one of our Advanced Seminars.
(no exceptions will be made here)
Application and further process
As part of the application process a research proposal has to be written. The contact mentioned in the description of the respective topic will provide you further information about the proposal.
If the application process was successful, the master's thesis is registered with the chair.
Once your Master's thesis has been registered with the Chair of Strategic and International Management, the further procedure will be as follows:
1. Exposé incl. preliminary table of contents to be handed in before first Master thesis seminar
2. Continuing discussion of progress and open issues during Master thesis seminar (typically supported by a pptx-presentation prepared by master student and being submitted the week before the respective seminar)
3. Submission of thesis accompanied by full set of research data and pptx-presentation
4. Evaluation and feedback
The attendance of our Master Thesis Seminar is mandatory. Dates and times of these seminars will be announced by the chair which will also make the registration.