Interested in becoming a Doctoral Research Associate?
Before you apply
Please ask yourself the following questions:
- Why? - Why do I possibly want to do a doctorate (motivation)? What do I want to achieve (aspiration)?
- What? - What do I want to contribute to (strategy model research/growth pattern/practice research/theory of the firm research)?
- How? - How do I want to do my doctorate (internally/externally)?
From application to start
- Motivation letter, CV, certificates, etc. (comprehensive application material)
- Approval & request for submission of exposé
- Submission of exposé
- Approval & invitation to interviews at the chair
2. Interviews and decision on research project
- Interviews at the chair & opening of research project selection process
- Localizing research area (strategy models OR growth practice OR theory of the firm OR combination thereof)
- Selection of research project from list OR development of own project idea
- Agreement on research project AND type of doctoral student status (internal/external) AND doctoral studies plan
From start to graduation
- Structured process along six semesters
- Course work and research project work
- Individual milestones each semester